Sunday, March 31, 2019

Considerations for Editing

Thinking about my opening, I've been considering additional features of editing that I might want to try out or add to my film.

The first one is to add music at the beginning. Aside from a few noises, such as an opening and closing door, the actions in the clips make little to no noise. This leaves the opening sounding very empty due to the silence. Therefore, I'm considering adding some type of light music at the start and then stopping it or fading it out as the scene progresses.

The second consideration is to add a slight grey-scale to the footage. I think that making the film appear more grey triggers that color psychology response, knowingly or unknowingly, from the viewer that makes the film appear heavier, sadder, and darker, like the overall subject material of the film. I think this slight color change can add to the desired mood and reflect Maya's depression is a visual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment