Sunday, March 31, 2019

Time Consumption

I honestly didn't realize how long editing takes. Since I've been trying to change the format/style and haven't had much success, it's been taking even longer.

I originally filmed over seven minutes of footage, which needs to be brought down to about two minutes. The majority of what I filmed won't fit into the time constraints, so a big part of editing for me is even just deciding which clips I do not want to use. I've removed some retakes and unusable pieces of footage as my first attempt in bringing down the time length. When I say "unusable," I mean that either the clip was too shaky, I accidentally filmed too much or too little of the view I wanted, or other errors in the same category.

Also, removing unwanted angles, which I previously discussed, did help to bring down the time length significantly.

Another editing method I use is to cut down any unnecessary parts of a clip, like at the beginnings and ends, so that only the "meat" of the clip is left over.

I think once the whole opening is edited, I won't have a problem getting it down to two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment