Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Beginning Edit

Just by starting the editing process with the raw footage I took, I already ran into difficulties.

An issue that arose occurred with the editing platform/ app I would be using to edit my film opening. The two apps I use are iMovie and Video Leap on my iPhone. I decided that I would begin editing on iMovie just to get the basic frame of the film opening and then do additional editing on Video Leap. However, upon trying to create a new project, my phone notified me that I did not have enough storage space to do that... yay -_- ... I then tried to edit the project on Video Leap, and thankfully, it worked out.

I honestly think this worked out for the better because Video Leap seems to offer many more features than iMovie does, so using one app instead of two just cuts out unnecessary work for me.

My first order of business was to just insert all of the clips into a new project on the app, place them in the desired order, and delete any bloopers or clips that had to be retaken. From there, I would get more specific with the editing.

Another very minor issue I had was some of the videos appeared vertically, despite being filmed horizontally. Luckily, Video Leap allows the user to rotate the orientation of the clip, so I just adjusted them back into the horizontal view, resolving the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment