Sunday, March 31, 2019

Early Editing Stage

I've continued my editing process by working on the film opening chronologically. This means that I've just worked on editing the credits and beginning section so far.

I placed the clips of the credits to the start of the opening, where Maya is writing out "Directed and Produced..." and "Starring..." The camera then pans over the final written credits. I decided to reuse a clip that is also found later in the film opening. That clip is a close-up of Maya grabbing the pen she writes with off of a nightstand. I chose to open it this way to immediately grab the audience's attention and have them wondering how writing ties into the film, as well as what Maya will be writing at the beginning and even later on.

I also chose to shorten the length of the opening credits. I had taken a fair amount of footage for that, especially since I recorded Maya writing out the entirety of the credits. I decided to trim the whole writing because it didn't seem interesting to sit and watch the tedious process of printing out the names and roles.

Another change I made in editing was that I recorded the same actions multiple times but from various angles. To add visual interest, I considered using all the angles and having them switch back and forth. With this editing method, the viewer would basically be watching each action from two different angles. After editing this way and watching back I realized that, frankly, it just did not look good at all. It was too hectic and confusing to watch.

I still have a lot more work to do, but this is definitely a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment