Sunday, March 3, 2019

Decided Genre

After giving my project more thought, I've come to the decision that I would do something of the drama genre. This genre is so vats, that I think I could go many different directions with it, without needing to involve the many setting, editing, or other requirements that come along with a high-quality production of a fantasy genre or an elaborate thriller. In my previous post, I discussed that ideas I was thinking of within the drama genre involved mental illness. I feel like this would be a suitable route to take because I have first-hand experience of mental disorders (i.e. depression, anxiety), which I think would add an interesting perspective to the plot that I end up developing. I want to incorporate my own experiences into my film in some way because it will make the fiction film seem more realistic and relatable to the audience.

I will likely end up focusing more on depression, but I know that I would not want the film as a whole to be purely sad. I'd like to send out some type of message with the film or leave the viewers with something to take away from it, as any good movie would.

For me personally, music is really important for coping with the struggles of life, so I might try to find a way to work that in as well. With this, though, I would have to find a royalty-free source of music to put in the film that can be made to seem just as powerful as copyrighted music, but I'm sure I could find some way to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment