Sunday, March 10, 2019

Changes and Considerations

There are a few things that this blog post is going to cover. It's essentially a jumble of things on my mind while I am beginning to get further into my preparation and production.

One thing is that I decided to eliminate the parental character from the opening, which was mentioned in one of the outlines. My reasoning for this is that I would have to worry about another cast member and their schedule, but I am trying to keep my casting small (just the one main girl) for the opening for ease of production. Also, that parental character is not necessary to include in the opening to get the point of the movie across and will just take time away from establishing the girl's life and actions.

Another thing is that I will be filming in my room, and I have these neon LED strip lights that can alter the lighting in my room to different colors. I think that this would be a cool addition and help to establish the mood I want if I find a way to incorporate them into the scene. I think it would add another layer of interest visually to the opening.

Moving on, there are a couple of features that I wrote into the storyboard that I have not yet discussed: voice-over and credits. I am still trying to figure out if I want to have a voice-over of the girl's thoughts reading aloud what she is writing down in her journal. I feel like this would add a lot of clarity to the scene and the girl's perspectives, but I wouldn't want it to take away from the music playing or the scene as a whole. Also, I don't know if it's necessary, since she will be rapping what she writes down later on. Additionally, I think I could incorporate the opening credits by having the girl write them down in her journal and then flip the page and begin writing the content related to the plot of the film (i.e. her thoughts). I think that would seamlessly implement the credits in a unique way.

If I do end up including the voice-over, I would use it to connect the frames where she originally writes in the journal to the frames where she goes back and rereads what she wrote down.

No comments:

Post a Comment