Sunday, March 17, 2019

Character Selection and Filming Schedule

I finally figured out which friend of mine I wanted to have play the main character. One of my close friends, Olivia, seemed like she would fit the part well. She's in my theatre class with me, and also was last year, so I knew she'd be capable of playing a role. We get along and work well together, so that was definitely ideal. Also, she doesn't fit the idea of what a stereotypical rapper would look like, which made her even more perfect for the role. On top of all of that, she lives in my neighborhood, so getting her to my house to film would not be a hassle.

My schedule states that I need to film on the weekend of March 16th and 17th. Unfortunately, by the time I had my preparation done and was not busy with other events, activities, and schoolwork, it was the 16th, so that day was ruled out for filming. I needed to film on Sunday then, but there was one problem: it was St. Patrick's Day, a holiday that Olivia celebrates.

Anxiously, I texted her the night of the 16th asking her if she would be available for filming at any point in the day and that I could work around her schedule to make it easiest for her. Luckily, everything worked it. She confirmed to me that she would be free to film in the morning of the 17th, so the time for filming was set at 10 am, and I had officially cast my main character.

I had been so stressed about trying to stay on my schedule, again because I would be away over spring break, so I needed my footage beforehand. Knowing that I would have everything I needed completed was a major relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment