Monday, April 1, 2019

Editing Update

I am happy to say that I really like how the boomerang effect in the beginning section of the film turned out.

Moving on, I went through and edited the remainder of the opening, bringing it down from around seven minutes to around four. This happened simply by removing unwanted clips, trimming clips, and adjusting the speed of certain sections. I just need to crop off two more minutes, but going back over the clips and being more selective with the portions I include will make this much easier.

Watching back what I've produced leaves me both very proud and very stressed. I'm proud of all that I've accomplished thus far, but I still recognize how much more work needs to be done to get the film opening to where it needs to be.

One major issue that I'm still dealing with is the audio. I don't really want to record Foley for all of the sounds, so my next option is to try to isolate the sounds I want to include and remove the audio in the surrounding sections of each major noise. I think this will be do-able by splitting the clips around each major noise and muting any separated clip that is just silence or background noise.

I'm still debating putting in light music in the background. On one hand, it would serve as a nice contrast to the rap that appears at the end, but on the other hand, I think that the silence might be more powerful than adding noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment