Sunday, March 3, 2019

Scheduling and Casting

Now, I am at the point in planning that meets the early stages of production of the film opening. In this post, I'll basically be establishing my short-term goals and responsibilities that I need to be working on.

The production of the opening should take place from March 4th to March 24th. During this time period, I would ideally get all of the footage I need and produce my final edit of the 2-minute clip, while simultaneously write blog postings about my experiences, obstacles, etc.

I am working on this opening alone, which comes with pros and cons. On one hand, I can make the introduction fit my vision of whatever I want it to be and I do not have to work around the schedules of other group members. On the other hand, it is solely up to me to direct and produce this film, as well as come up with all of my ideas or get around any issues.

One issue that I must already account for is that I will be away, travelling, for almost the entirety of spring break, so it is unlikely that I will be able to film during that week. This means that I have less time to acquire my footage, but if I get at least some clips beforehand, I can work on editing those and continuing my planning, in addition to developing and revising my ideas.

Another issue with working alone is casting the actors who will be in the opening. I have the option to act in it myself or to get friends to be in it. If I act in my own film, I will have twice as much work because I already have the responsibility of filming the scenes. Choosing this option would likely require a lot of retakes a a tripod or mount for the camera, since I can't hold it and act at the same time. However, I have been doing theatre since elementary school, and I have confidence in myself and my abilities to present the main character the way I desire. In contrast, I could get friends of mine to play the roles, which would make filming the scenes easier. I think that if I select the right people, getting them to portray the characters the way I envision it would not be difficult, but then I would also have to work with their schedules.

I have not made my decision yet, and if I choose to cast friends, I do not know who I think would fit the roles best. Hopefully, I will come up with my decision soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment