Sunday, March 17, 2019

Upcoming Plans

Now that the filming is completed, I have set my next goals for the production process.

I need to edit the footage that I have. This will include selecting the clips and angles that I prefer the most from what I have, placing them into the order that best fits the plot, and using post-production effects to create that simple, somber mood.

I want to ensure that I portray Maya the way that I envision her. I want it to be clear that she's depressed, but also that the idea many people have of a "depressed person" might be different from what they're like in reality. Truthfully, they will come across as normal, but there are slight indications in their behavior that confirm that something isn't right, such as a lack of energy.

Another part of editing is implementing the voice-over seamlessly so that it does not seem out of place. I think that the rapping will also help to depict Maya's emotion and establish her headspace.

I think I will use iMovie to edit and/or another app called VideoLeap. These are the apps I am most familiar with for editing videos. I have some other iPhone apps that I might also use, but I'm not sure if I will need to just yet. These applications are on my phone, but I actually filmed the footage on my phone, too. I didn't have a camera to film, but I don't think using my phone was "bad" or "not suitable" because 1) it's very easy to use, and 2) I have one of the newer iPhones (the iPhone X), and the camera quality is much more improved, so I think the end result will be nice.

Once I'm done with editing, I will transfer the footage to my laptop to make sure the video quality is still high.

I'm very excited to see how my film opening comes together over the next week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment