Sunday, April 7, 2019

Reflection

The title I decided on for my film is Rapped Up. It’s play-on-words of the expression “wrapped up.” I chose this title because it reflects both the topic of rap music, as well as the way the main character is negatively affected and consumed by her mental state and the events in her life.

The key moments in the production process were plentiful. The start of this project was the set-up for everything else that would be developed later on. This stage involved the creation of the idea, which set the whole opening into motion. Another key moment was the filming process, which was the one day that my friend came over to act in the film. That was a major point in the creation of my work because I finally had the clips to visually represent the progress I was making. It was also a huge relief knowing that I had passed another “checkpoint” in this assignment. Peer reviews throughout the editing and production process were more key moments because the additional set of eyes and the feedback I received helped guide me to a refined, better outcome. The finalization process was the last key moment throughout this process. It involves the reflection and submission of the final result that close off the creation process and mark the end of this work.

Throughout the production process, I faced many obstacles and errors, most of which were discussed in previous blog posts. However, in the last leg of the film’s creation, I hit a major obstacle in which the edited version of my project was lost. Luckily, I still had all my footage, and I knew what the result was supposed to look like. I just had to re-edit the film to get it to the point it was at and get it ready for submission.

The biggest changes to my project occurred due to the time restriction for the opening. I struggled between including everything that I wanted to include and keeping the project around 2 minutes long. For me, this meant that I had to stick more to the simplistic nature of telling the story and excluding the additional touches that, despite adding visual interest, took up too much extra time. Regardless, I think the final result is still something I’m proud of and depicts the hard work that went into creating this introduction.

Overall, what I learned was that I should always have backups of my work and that sometimes things don’t go as planned, so instead of stressing out, you just need to review the situation and find as many practical solutions as possible until you find the one that works. I also realized that I have the capability of making some great pieces of art and media, and that is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment